SWOT Analysis of Nivea focuses on Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. Strengths and Weaknesses are internal factors and Opportunities and Threats are external factors.
SWOT Analysis provides a well-tested management methodology that enables Nivea in comparison with competitors and industry to assess its business performance.
Nivea is one of the brands committed to skincare from the last 100 years of its formation. The brand is loved by its users. People are known to take Nivea pack everywhere they go, particularly while traveling in colder climates. In recent years, Nivea has really extended its product ranges by launching several products and their variations to the market.
Here’s a SWOT Analysis of Nivea
Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Nivea – Nivea SWOT Analysis
- Market Leader in Cold Cream Segment: Nivea totally rules the demand for cold cream. Whenever you’re heading to colder areas, you can’t do without your Nivea powder, the company has some kind of market grip. No other brand has achieved the brand-recall stage of being a cold cream as Nivea. Nivea’s success is shown by its popularity as a cold cream.
- Brand Equity: Nivea’s Brand Equity is growing and has not been impacted Inevitably, because of its focus on this niche. Over the years, Nivea has earned recognition for its products and is the largest brand in the world and the top-ranked brand in Germany. The brand is estimated at 6.7 trillion dollars.
- Distribution and geographic footprint: Nivea has about 20 products and is present in a total of 50 countries. This adds to its capacity for distribution, which is rising year after year.
- Brand Colors: The white and blue colors of the brand are visible in a wide shelf of personal care items. Over the years, the colors have remained unchanged and are synonymous with the brand. To this end, the Marketing Department has won recognition time and again for the use of brand colors through Nivea’s contact platforms.
- Brand Extensions: Nivea has extended its segment under the brand name of Nivea. Nivea products include Nivea Body Cleansing, Nivea Soft Shower Cream, Shower Gel, UV body lotion, Express hydration body lotion, Nivea Cool Kick Shower Gel, and Nivea Power Fresh Shower Gel.
- State of Art infrastructure: Nivea is using state of art infrastructure and incorporating modern machines to manufacture its products. Nivea is using the latest technology in the Research and Development and the development of New Product Lines.
- Employees: Nivea is having good trained and motivated employees to manufacture and produce products on a very large scale. Nivea is concentrating on maintaining good employee relations.
Weaknesses in the SWOT Analysis of Nivea – Nivea SWOT Analysis
- Tough Competition: Nivea is completely dominant in the cold cream market and does not encourage others to join, others do not allow Nivea to enter their territories. As a result, Nivea finds it difficult to position itself in the personal care market of body care and facial care products because there is still significant competition in this segment.
- Investment required to change brand perception: this is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, Nivea has a fantastic benefit by covering a lucrative market: cold cream. But on the other hand, if it has to thrive, it has to change its brand name and become more of a personal care brand. It’s for the men’s cream. Yet the brand as a whole is heavily geared towards cold creams.
- Expansion: Several experts condemn Nivea that the company is only present in 50 countries, even though it has such a good brand name. The challenge Nivea faces is that unlike FMCG firms, it does not have so many products in its portfolio. It has to be gradual with expansion. Saturation is an issue with Nivea and brand expansion is the key to higher sales.
Opportunities in the SWOT Analysis of Nivea – Nivea SWOT Analysis
- The innovation of new product lines: Nivea would continue to incorporate products and product lines to its portfolio of brands. This will allow the firm to have a broad product range in which to position itself firmly in new markets and to crack the stigma of being a supplier of cold cream.
- Targeting Men’s market: There are fewer personal care products in the men’s category and this segment is ripe for choice with more and more men recognizing the value of taking care of their skin and the role it plays in their general well-being and wellbeing. Nivea has already launched facial wash and body wash in this category and has been favorably received. More product lines that it launches can be assumed to be the same.
- The market potential is growing: Another positive is that the market potential for personal care goods is growing. Not only is the demographic potential of the industry growing, but the regional market potential is also growing, thereby ensuring a strong future for the brand.
- Expansion of the territories: In addition to the introduction of new items, Nivea wants to extend into new geographies. If this is not the case, there are rivals such as Ponds cold cream, which will soon be available on the market thanks to their outstanding delivery capacity.
Threats in the SWOT Analysis of Nivea – Nivea SWOT Analysis
- Competition: Competition is taking away its core strength: while Nivea aims to grow into uncharted territories, brands are targeting its core strength in heading to cold cream. Two brands are the dominant rivals: cool cream Ponds and Johnson and cold cream Johnson. They’re both good rivals for Nivea because they have deep pockets and excellent delivery reach.
- Danger to the bottom line: Owing to its marketing spending and rivalry in its key business, Nivea, which had cold cream as a cash cow, is risking its bottom line. Where there were a few cash cows, there are now only Stars in the Nivea portfolio. Nivea must nullify this bottom line hazard by responding rapidly. Nivea dose is a total question mark in the BCG matrix since there are almost as many Does on the market, including Axe, which is the largest market shareholder.
- Normal Marketing Concerns: Nivea has faced a variety of root problems with their marketing as well as major fines levied as a result of false marketing statements. These inaccurate messaging problems are a tooth on the brand that if replicated, will harm the brand.
- Government Regulations: Government Norms for cosmetics and skin care creams can directly or indirectly affect the company’s business.
If you like this article please like our Facebook Page PROJECTS4MBA
Cite This Work
Referencing Style to cite this article: