SWOT Analysis of Adobe Systems focuses on Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Strength and Weakness are the internal factors and Opportunities and Threats are the external factors that influence the SWOT Analysis of Adobe Systems.
Adobe Systems is a software company with a wide variety of digital, imaging, and video editing software. Some of the most popular software’s of Adobe Systems are Adobe PageMaker, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Acrobat Reader. Adobe Systems operates in America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, and Africa. The organization is renowned for its production tools that support artists across the globe. Adobe Systems is headquartered in SanJose, California. Adobe has an employee base of 21000 employees. Adobe Systems has total assets of 20.76 billion US Dollars and total revenue of 11.17 billion US Dollars.
Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Adobe Systems – Adobe SWOT Analysis
- Subscription-Based Revenue Model: Adobe has transformed from a permanent license-based model and adapted a subscription-based market model. Adobe Systems has launched the Adobe Creative Cloud and replaced the Adobe Creative Suite. The move to a Subscription base model has contributed to a rise in annualized recurring sales (ARR). The company’s subscription sales contributed to 67% of its revenue. The move would allow Adobe to retain its top position and increase earnings.
- Product portfolio: Adobe provides a broad variety of digital technology and digital marketing goods and services. It has a line of goods for practitioners, advertisers, companies, and customers, etc. This encourages the business to have a diversified and robust client base.
- Applications: Adobe Photoshop is the most useful and needed software for editing photographs. Adobe Premiere is also a most useful video editing software for moviemakers and you tubers. Similarly, Adobe provides a leading platform for web developers, the publishing business as well as the gaming and film industries. Every graphic design company on the planet is using Adobe products. Adobe has made its operations easier.
- Global Presence: Adobe has a broad global presence, spanning countries from Asia, Europe, South America North America, and the U.K. It is sold through a network of dealers, resellers, and software vendors.
- Trustworthy: Adobe products are reliable and the company is trusted to do the job. Adobe has been gradually gaining a significant market share in app design.
- Strong Employee Base: Adobe has a team of 21000 professional employees. Adobe is spending a lot on Research and Development and training of employees.
- Modern Marketing Practices: Adobe is following strategic marketing practices. Adobe is marketing its products heavily on the internet. Adobe is using Google Ads, Facebook Marketing, Instagram Marketing Platforms to do marketing of its products.
Weakness in the SWOT Analysis of Adobe Systems – Adobe SWOT Analysis
- Costly Innovative Suits: Adobe’s creative software products and suites are too pricey and thus relatively less appealing to consumers. They’re offered fewer in developing markets.
- 360-degree Feedback – Through the years, many programmers have argued that Adobe does not accept their specifications before releasing new apps. If Adobe has a 360-degree feedback process a number of fantastic products will come up with revolutionary developments.
- Financial Liabilities: Increasing Financial Liabilities can also be a weakness for Adobe Systems.
- Bad industry position in video animation: Adobe has a very poor presence in 3d animation applications, dominated by 3ds Max and Sony Vegas. It has Adobe Premiere Pro but Premiere Pro is not as successful at creating 3d systems as 3DS max or Sony Vegas (this is a hugely debatable topic).
Opportunities in the SWOT Analysis of Adobe Systems – Adobe SWOT Analysis
- Cloud Computing: There is a rising need for cloud storage in the coming years. The appetite for cloud applications is motivated by the capital and operational cost-benefit of the pay-per-service subscription model. Public Cloud Infrastructure budget at the CAGR of 19.4% over the next 5 years.
- Partnership with Microsoft: Adobe and Microsoft have strategically worked with each other to support companies invest in digital transformation. With this, Adobe also rendered Adobe’s favorite software application Adobe Marketing Cloud, Adobe Document Cloud, and Adobe Creative Cloud. A strategic alliance with Microsoft helps to increase Adobe’s customer base and revenues.
- Digital Marketing: Global digital marketing investment is on the rise, largely attributed to smartphone usage and Internet penetration. Digital marketing spending is projected to rise by 12 percent in CAGR over the next 5 years. Adobe is looking forward to growing the sales from its cloud-based marketing tools.
Threats in the SWOT Analysis of Adobe Systems – Adobe SWOT Analysis
- Competition: Adobe’s products and services face extreme worldwide competition. The boom in technology has encouraged new competitors to join the business, resulting in high competitiveness. This can contribute to the market competition which may have an effect on Adobe’s operating income and margins.
- Security Threat: Adobe keeps sensitive details about its clients, and has long been the subject of illegal hackers. In addition, cybercriminals are actively creating new forms of viruses and systems malware. There are possible security breaches that Adobe has to take note of in order to preserve the reputation of the company it has developed.
- Piracy – The biggest danger to Adobe is the piracy of its applications. There is widespread piracy in emerging markets and established markets. Adobe app CDs are available in the markets for a few bucks.
- Open Source Applications – A range of open-source software projects have been released that are accessible on the market. All of these tech systems are doing a decent job. Corel Photopaint is a really successful substitute for Photoshop for aspiring artists. Open source can not be used by Professionals, but it takes away a good market share.
- Use of Subscription by shared users: Sharing of Subscription Username and Passwords may decrease the subscription sales of Adobe.
- The use of Group GPL can also be a major threat to the company.
If you like This Article Please Like our Facebook Page PROJECTS4MBA
Cite This Work
Referencing Style to cite this article: